4.21.2009

I've always heard that witnessing someone die can be a spiritual experience and I've never really doubted it, but its one thing to hear about it and another to actually be there when it does happen. Today I was able to be present when my sweet grandfather passed away. It was a very touching moment. He passed on to his next life while the hymn, "Be Still My Soul" was playing in the background. It is something I will always remember. I'm so grateful that he is finally back with my grandma and they can be together forever. What a blessing it is to have this knowledge! The Gospel is true!! How wonderful that God loves us so much that he lets us live together forever with the ones we truly love. It should be a sad thing, but I'm truly happy for him and my grandma. My heart is at peace and I'm just grateful for the awesome experience I had today!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Katie thanks for sharing you have such a strong testimony! Death can be hard but with the knowledge of the gospel we can have that peace! I love your family You guys are in my prayers!

Jody and Lacey said...

That is so true about death. I was with my grandpa when he passed away as well. I got to say my "see ya later" and the spirit that was there was amazing. It truly is peaceful. I am glad that you were able to be there with him. Love ya!

Wall-e-Family said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cheryl said...

You said it so well! It is so nice to have the knowledge of the gospel and to be able to imagine the happy reunion for your grandma and grandpa.

The Bingham's said...

Wow, I could actually feel how strong your testimony is by reading your words. Thanks for sharing that. My prayers will be with you guys. Lots of hugs and kisses from us!!! LOVE YA!