3.29.2010

Music and peace


I have had a lot on my mind of late. And in the past when I needed to cope with frustration, anger, sadness, etc I would sit down at the piano and play out all my emotions. But there has been very few times where I actually get emotional when playing the piano. And more recently I just dont take the time to sit and hone in my skills..haha. I'm just too busy and honestly, it can be physically demanding to play the piano for a while and I'm just not in that kind of shape. (I know I just have to sit there and move my fingers, but its exhausting). So I found it strange this weekend thats all I felt drawn to do. Just play. The first few songs were...well lets just say I'm pretty out of practice. But then after warming up I was starting to feel comfortable. Last night I sat down after dinner and just played around. I started playing this one song, determined to play it perfectly. Its a beautiful piece, and I found myself in this magical bubble. The whole family was around, but it was only me and my piano and music. Before I knew it I was so overcome with emotion...I dont know if it was everything that has been on my heart and mind lately coming to the surface, but there I was bawling my eyes out as I finished the piece. Then today after a sleepless night, I still felt drawn to pour out my emotion on the keys of my piano. So I sat today and played and played til my poor back couldn't take it any longer. Then I just sat and cried and cried. Now dont go and get all worried people, its good for a girl to just cry it out even when there really is nothing wrong. While I found myself lately questioning a lot of things, there is no doubt power and comfort from the Holy Spirit through music. And maybe my preyers aren't being answered like I want them to be, but at least for that moment my heartache was freed and I felt peace.

5 comments:

Denise said...

I am so glad you could feel that peace you needed to feel. Music does that to me too-as I have said in the past, Music is a balm to my soul.

The Bingham's said...

You just cry!!! Dang it!

The Daleys said...

If you need to talk I'm here for ya!!

Tara Williams said...

Miss you!

Brianna said...

I agree 100% about the piano allowing me to go into that...bubble. Just me and my piano. I honestly can't wait til I have a piano again! It is good for when I'm happy, content, sad, or MAD! :)