7.14.2008

Baxter Family Vacation

After many years (okay like 2, but I was on my mission and didn't get to go then) we finally got to take our family vacation to Bear Lake. (The water got so low a few years ago, we stopped going). But this year the water level was up a lot so it was a lot more fun. This is the whole family. I think this picture was taken at the end of the vacation, when we were all sunburned and miserable, ready to get home!
The highlight of Bear Lake is trying to eat "Old Ephraim". Its this humongous pizza.
You can't really tell how big this is, but one piece is like 3 of a normal size pizza. And lets just put it this way- we only got one for our whole family....that was 17 people and we each only ate 1 piece because we were stuffed!
Todd and Kathleen at the Montpelier fireworks. (the fireworks are another story in itself). The thing we did the most. Ever played "Lasso Golf". Who would have ever thought that the 12 kids all 15 years and older would have spent most of our time playing this silly game of trying to lasso golf balls around some PVC pipe. But it really is soooooo fun! This picture doesn't give the game justice.
Of course we spent a lot of time at the lake. Our family rented a boat and jet ski. So there are pictures of water skiing and wake boarding and such, but I was in an old-fashion mood and took most of them with my film camera so I haven't gotten those back yet (well I haven't taken them in to get developed yet), so maybe I'll post those another day.

4 comments:

Steve&Melissa said...

Oh how fun! So, we recently discovered lasso golf, and bought it to take camping with us the other day. Ever since then, EVERYONE we know has gotten it! Well, maybe everyone already had it, and we're the last ones to find it! :)

Christy said...

I'm totally OBSESSED with that game! Haha how funny. We call it "Rodeo Golf." It's so addicting :)

Looks like you guys had fun on your fun trip. I miss Bear Lake

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Whoa - so fun - and great pics..... so you are going to be a doctor - I think that is the coolest!!! What do you hope to specialize in???
I want to know more about golf lasso or rodeo golf??? I'll search the internet, but I might be emailing you and asking you for details. Take care - Cindy Layton

Tara Williams said...

Oh Man! I'm bummed I didnt get to see you while we were out there, but we had 3 reunions and we even had to push our flight back a few days in order to spend more time with Russ' family. It was CRAZY!! I am definately coming back next summer and we wont have such a crazy schedule then, so we'll HAVE TO get together, k?