7.11.2008

The Doctor Will See You Now....well not quite

Ok, so don't laugh. I know that I have probably taken the most time ever by one person to decide on a career. Well I've finally made the decision. Its one that has plagued me since I graduated high school. No--since I was a little girl. So here it goes....I'm going to be a doctor.

You see, my whole life whenever someone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said a doctor. Even as a little girl when playing dollies, I'd be the doctor that would fix them and make them better. Then when I graduated and started Weber State, my major was actually declared as Zoology/Pre-Med. But for reasons I don't even understand to this day, I never followed through with it. Instead I started working on the nursing thing and that wasn't working out like I planned, then I went on a mission, now I'm here, back to where I started!!! The sad thing is, is that if I would have stuck to my original plan I could have been in my 2nd year of medical school!!!!! ARG!

Well now is not the time to look back with regrets, but look forward with hope right?! I can apply to medical school probably in 3 years. Then another 4 of med school. Oh joy! So that's the latest...you can all stop laughing and rolling your eyes now. :-)

3 comments:

Kathy Finch said...

Way to DOC. you will make a great Doctor. -- but a ton of scooling is a head of you. well if you need a break every now and then you know where to come.

Steve&Melissa said...

What?!?! Does this mean you're going to be our neighbor for longer?!?! Well, I think it's great! You're great, and you can do anything you put your mind to! Good luck, chiquita!

The Bingham's said...

I am so excited for you!! You will be great. Become a pediatrician so I can bring my kids to you!!!