1.29.2009

Be Still My Soul

Last year was a very eye opening and tough year for me. It seems that ever since I came home early from my mission with health issues I've been spiriling up and down and all around. Even two whole years later, I still feel like I don't have any answers to anything that has happened since then or more recently in the last year. I learned quickly who I could turn to in times of need, namely- my family and the Savior. The other day I was driving around running errands and this hymn started playing. (I highly suggest listening to the version that is on the "Reflections of Christ" soundtrack) I've always liked "Be Still My Soul", but as I listened intently to the words, I felt the spirit so strongly telling me that I do have the Lord on my side and He is guiding my path(past & future). I hope that everyone remembers this is true, no matter who you are the Lord loves you and is on your side! And remember-- "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev’ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav’nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: The hour is hast’ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

6 comments:

The Bingham's said...

Thanks Katie!! I got goose bumps. You're awesome. Hang in there, I know the Lord is there for you!

Denise said...

I've always loved that song since my grandma's funeral where my cousin sang it. I love how music can touch my soul in a way the written word can't. It's nice to remember we need to be still and know that God is in control and knows exactly what we need-we just need to humble ourselves and turn to Him. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and making my morning brighter.

The Daleys said...

That's an awesome quote. I love you!

Wall-e-Family said...

That is one of my favoite hymn. Katie, I know the Lord loves you. You are a beautiful and amzing young woman. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for Carrie and Brock's video it is AMAZING!! love you!

Jody and Lacey said...

Katie thank you for this post. I love that song and its been a while since I have truly listened to the meaning. You are a wonderful person and I love you!

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Oh Katie - what a wonderful post. It is always good to be reminded that Heavenly Father is with us ~ he helps us. And I love the quote about blessings - maybe now, maybe later and maybe even when we get to heaven. It's a good thing to remember - BE PATIENT (one of my big falacies). Love ya tonz - You are the BEST - I love your sweet spirit!