9.30.2008

Good News!

This week I got a new job!! YEAH!! I wasn't really actively looking for a new job, but I was keeping and eye out for anything that might interest me. Why was I looking for a new job? Well when you're only getting maybe 10 hours a week, then its probably time to start looking for something that is a little better. So what is my new job?

I'm going to be a CNA in Maternity!! What fun! I get to hold and cuddle little newborns all night long! And of course, I'll help with the new moms as well. My duties will be anything from helping in the nursery to bathing babies or helping with breast feeding or whatever is needing to be done to help moms and babies be happy!

I am so excited! This actually works out very well, because the job is nights. So to be full-time I only have to work 3 nights a week. I can go to school during the day. Plus, since I am considering becoming an OB/GYN, this will put me on a good path. At least it will give me some experience dealing with that kind of stuff. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know of my good news! YEAH!

11 comments:

thekeithfamily said...

That is so exciting! What hospital are you going to work at?

Denise said...

Don't you love it when you land a job you know you will just love. Congrats and best wishes. Those newborn babies are so sweet.

Christy said...

Aw I'm jealous. That sounds like an awesome job. Do you work three 12 hour shifts ? How fun fun.

The Bingham's said...

Oh, I would have loved for you to be my CNA!! Dang, all done!! Congrats, you will be awesome!!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

Where are you going to be? What hospital? I think you are going to be amazing for the job. I'm so excited for you. So do you have your CNA already? Or are you just going to school to get your CNA and then eventually moving on to the OB/GYN?? When do you start? You know I will be having my baby REALLY soon. Wouldn't it be fun if you could take care of my little one???

Steve&Melissa said...

Yay! This is so exciting! Congrats! Which hospital will you be at?

Donahoe Family said...

That picture of that sweet baby almost makes me....mmmm nah, just kidding. It is a very sweet pic though! Congrats on the new job, you will do a wonderful job!
As a sidenote, give Todd my email because I have some info for him about our new "business venture"

Kathy Finch said...

You will love it and be good at it!!!! Love ya

The Daleys said...

YAY for you, that will be such an awesome experience!

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Congrats!! Babies, I just love them and you will be so good with them. I want to know what Hospital as well.... Brian and Maegan are going to have their 5th - maybe you will be in the nursery.
Congrats again! - awesome

Camille said...

Katie, that is so awesome! What hospital will you be working at??? All I know is that when I had Rylee, my CNA's and nurses were what saved me! You will do so good with that! I really want to do that too, maybe I should get my behind in gear huh???