9.03.2008

Tomatoes EVERYWHERE!!

This year my dad had a goal to fill every bottle and every space in our food storage. So he started with tomatoes. How many plants did he plant? 4? No. 10? NO! 20?! NOPE!....40 tomato plants!!!!! Needless to say we have tomatoes coming out our ears. Last weekend mom and dad bottled many tomatoes, salsa, and tomato juice and last night alone we picked 7 boxes full, and there are plenty still on the vines!!! Its craziness!!! I think our next few
weekends will be full of finishing the canning of them.
Luckily we go through our bottled tomatoes and salsa like its going to run away...so instead of running out this year we might actaully make it til next fall with some left over!!!(I'm praying it freezes soon so that they won't grow anymore!)

6 comments:

Denise said...

Katie,
If you get sick of those tomatoes, just send them over the fence, we'll put them to good use ( I really am serious about this). Looks like fun, look at all the life lessons your parents are teaching you-he he.

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Hey - you got a good salsa recipe - we also have tomatoes coming out our ears. We did some salsa last weekend - and need to do more....

The Bingham's said...

We have had some of their tomoatoes and they are super yummy!! We were not able to have a garden this year. HMMMM, I wonder why???

Bradley J said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good luck with getting into medical school. How close are you to the application process and do you know where you want to go or what you want to be?

Christy said...

Mmmm tomatoes are so good!! Have you ever had a tomato sandwich? Goodness in my belly.

Donahoe Family said...

Katie, your parents are hilarious! I keep hearing so much about that blasted salsa but I don't think I have had any in YEARS! I think your dad keeps forgeting to bring me some! I am proud of them for being so diligent with their food storage, I left 90% of mine in AZ! Ha ha I hope we don't have any real emergencies anytime soon!