11.28.2008

My Thanksgiving Day Narrative

So yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I actaully enjoyed dinner this year, probably mostly to the fact that I hadn't eaten all day so by the time Thanksgiving dinner actually came around I was starving. So I ate and ate. Good thing I haven't cancelled my gym membership, eh? So the first part of the day was quite good. My mom, Tate, Holly, and I had plans in the afternoon to go see Twilight. My cousins decided to join us (my dad stayed home to take a nap while we were all gone) so we went to the Megaplex in Ogden. So on our way in, I was walking down some stairs in the parking garage and when I got to the bottom, there was this little inch lip on the sidewalk, well thanks to my stupid shoes that have no support, my ankle rolled, I felt a pop and went down. My foot hurt so bad, but I wasn't going to miss the movie, so I limped my way in, crying the whole way, barely making it. The theatre staff gave me some ice and I sat through Twilight icing my ankle and trying to pay attention to the movie and not my pain. I made it through the movie, which wasn't as good as I predicted, but that I loved anyway. (I'm more excited for #2, which will have a bigger budget and I suspect much better). After the movie I could barely walk, but I slowly made it back to my car. Tate had to drive because I couldn't. When I got home I iced it again and put it up. I've rolled my ankles before, but nothing as compared to this time. After contemplating whether to suck it up and go to work like I was supposed to or call in sick and go get it checked out, I decided to call in, but wait to see if it got worse. So here I am at 7:30am, typing this blog up. I didn't sleep really well all night because it was aching all night long. Now I'm deciding if I need to go to the doctor or not. Not a lot of swelling, but its been up all night. It still hurts horribly though, not in my ankle, but in my metatarsals where I felt the pop. So I guess for now, I'll just watch it, so don't be surprised if you see me hobbling around with or without a foot cast on. ;)

3 comments:

Steve&Melissa said...

I'm so sorry! That's what happened to me at my bridal shower right before the wedding. (Not doing anything crazy or fun...just carrying gifts to the car.) I thought I had broken something too, but it was just a REALLY bad sprain.

Too bad Edward wasn't around to sweep you up before you go to that stupid sidewalk! Aren't you just in love with him? I am! :) Feel better soon!

Denise said...

So sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope it is only a rolled ankle and nothing worse. Good luck with that one.

The Bingham's said...

Oh no!! I have done one of those. Hate to break it to ya, haha, but they put me in a cast. I hope you don't have to.