11.04.2008

Tomato Soup Spice Cake

I FOUND IT!!! So while I was on my mission, a member made this cake. And it was the most delicious cake I had ever tasted in my life! When I asked what made it so moist and yummy she said.."Tomato Soup." I couldn't believe that tomato soup was actually in the cake because you couldn't taste anything like tomatoes. But I absolutely loved it!! So I'm dumb and never asked for the recipe. But lately I've been craving it soo badly. Then last night I caught the end of some show on Food Network and they talked about Tomato Soup Spice Cake, but didn't give a recipe. Well I researched online....didn't take long....and I found it!! So I suggest (even if it sound gross) that you all try this delicious recipe. Not only does it taste divine, but it also will make your home smell all holiday-ish. Enjoy!
Tomato Soup Spice Cake
2 c. flour
1 1/3 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 can tomato soup
1/2 c. vegetable shortening
2 eggs
1/4 c. water
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13 X 9 pan. Mix all dry ingredients, then add soup, shortening, eggs and water. Beat on low until mixed, then for 4 min on high speed. Bake for 40 min (or until done). Cool completely before frosting.
Frosting
1 pkg. cream cheese
2 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg (160z) powdered sugar
Cream 1st three ingredients together, then slowy add sugar and beat until smooth.

2 comments:

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Yum Katie - I'm up to trying something new. - I wonder if you could use applesauce in place of the begetable shortening to cut down on the calories????? I'l give it a try ~ thanks for sharing. Love ya

The Daleys said...

Katie my friend! Where have you been? I haven't seen or talked to you in so long!!