11.30.2008

Ankle Update


Here's a quick update about my lovely ankle injury. The good news is that I didn't break my foot like originally suspected! Thank goodness!!! The bad news is the I do have a torn ligament.
:( But its not fully ruptured so that it also good news. This means no surgery. Its still slightly swollen and sore. It probably will take a good 3-6 weeks for it to be back to normal, but I can at least walk now...with it wrapped up or with a brace on. Still no surgery, no crutches, or cast, or boot..that is all good news to me. For now I guess gel ice packs and ibuprofen will be my best friends.
PS...Yes Melissa, I wish Edward would have been there to carry me into the theatre instead of me hobbling like a dork....except that if Edward would have been there he would have caught me before I fell ;)

4 comments:

The Bingham's said...

man, you lucky!! When I did that they stuck me in a cast!!! Seriously, I am glad that it is not as bad as it could be.

Steve&Melissa said...

You were walking so great yesterday! I was glad to see that you didn't show up in a HoverRound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8x4UdSi50

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

Glad to see it wasn't broken... do we call you "gimp" or have you mastered the limping?? <3 ya

Tara Williams said...

Oh no! Sorry to tell you that Russ and I have both torn ligaments in our ankles and it is an injury that will plague you longer than a broken foot would have. Maybe your injury wont be as bad. :) I miss you!